- Usher Team: Ushers are responsible for meeting and welcoming worshippers into the building, providing information, facilitating seating, distributing bulletins and collecting the offering. It is an ideal ministry for team players that are cool under pressure, capable of balancing assertiveness with graciousness, and are able to stand for the entirety of the service. Our goal is to support the worship services by creating a welcoming environment that is free of distractions in order for the Gospel being heard every Sunday.
- Communion Team: Communion servers have a privileged responsibility to prepare and distribute the elements of the Lord’s Supper on the first Sunday of every month. This ministry requires all servers to be official members of Redeemer West Side. (This volunteer opportunity is on hold)
5th floor coffee hour
We are currently recruiting volunteers for these opportunities.
- Book Table: Book Table volunteers encourage the spiritual growth of the congregation by recommending literature we offer for sale after worship service. This ministry is ideal for avid readers that are enthusiastic about Christian literature and are comfortable interacting with others one-on-one. Additional responsibilities include setting up and/or closing the book table and using an iPad for cash and credit card sales.
- Info Table: Info Table members seek to facilitate the connection between visitors and Redeemer. Through handouts and the Redeemer website (via iPad) they provide information on events and opportunities to get congregants plugged into community. The Info Table works in tandem with the Connections Team.
Note: As a Redeemer volunteer you are entrusted with the responsibility of making people feel welcomed and safe. If you have any questions about expectations, protocols and/or responsibilities ahead of time please let us know!
west side kids
Thank you for your interest in helping to serve the families of Redeemer. From nursery to preschool to fifth grade, we need volunteers to assist our teachers in the classrooms. If you have a heart for families and children, come serve with us!
If you have questions regarding the volunteer process, contact us at [email protected]
Why volunteer with the West Side Kids?
Invest in: Children are the next generation of influencers for Christ in New York and around the world.
Being called: God has given each of us talents to share with others. This is a great place to share your gifts.
Become equipped: Whether you come with training or receive training as you serve with us, your skills and experience will affect families of Redeemer each week.
You are needed: The number of children who attend Redeemer has doubled in the last few years. We need you!
Build community: Your investment in the lives of families and fellow volunteers at Redeemer allows for deeper community. Parents have expressed how the community of West Side Kids volunteers helps their families stay in the city.
What we expect from our volunteers
- Completing the volunteer application form.
- Attending a volunteer training.
- Adhering to our Children’s Ministry policies.
What you can expect from us
- Fellowship and community with other volunteers and Redeemer families.
- Service and training opportunities.
- Prayer from Redeemer’s Prayer Team for your volunteer team.
west side youth
Thank you so much for your interest in volunteering for the Youth Ministry at Redeemer West Side! We are in need of fun, mature, and passionate volunteer leaders who share in our vision: to see middle and high school students exploring Christianity deeply, taking ownership of their faith in Jesus, thriving in a loving community, and participating in God’s mission in and through the church for New York City and beyond.
Our Friday Night Youth Group meets from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at W83 Ministry Center on the third and fourth floors from September to June during the year. We also do many other fun events throughout the year like retreats, a pie bake, service projects, and so on.
To find out more information on how to get involved with our youth community, contact Shirley Hyun at [email protected].